Spring photo contest:
Theme: Cherry blossoms
▪ Entries open: April 15, 2020
▪ Entries close: 11:55 pm ET, May 15, 2020
▪ Best 5 announcements: May 25, 2020
▪ Grand winner announcement: May 30, 2020
▪ Best 5 winners’ photos will be displayed on JSGH’s Facebook page as a cover photo for one week each.
▪ A winner gift will be presented to a grand winner.
▪ Take a picture of cherry blossoms in your area and post an original photo on JSGH’s Facebook page.
▪ It has to be your original photo and cannot share someone else’s photo.
▪ In the description, please add your name and the location and the town where the picture was taken. If you are a JSGH member, please mention that, too.
▪ Each person can enter up to two (2) photos.
▪ All entrants must “like” or “follow” JSGH’s Facebook page.
▪ Judges cannot participate in the contest.
▪ The entries shall be judged, and winners selected on the basis of criteria below:
– Artistic expression
▪ The decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judges: JSGH board members
Winners and prizes:
▪ The best 5 winners and the grand prize winner will be announced on JSGH’s Facebook page and connected via Facebook direct message.
▪ The best 5 winners must respond to the message within 3 days in order to be qualified for the grand prize winner.
▪ No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prices are not transferable.
Copyright and moral rights:
▪ The entries must be your original photos and that you must own the copyrights.
▪ By entering the competition, you grant us an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable license to copy, store, edit, distribute, transmit and publish your competition entries.
▪ To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you irrevocably and unconditionally waive your rights to be identified as the author of your competition entries and to object to any derogatory treatment of your competition entries.
▪ We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards. The winner, therefore, agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
*JSGH has the right to make any changes to the contest rules and other terms and conditions at any time.